Terms and Conditions
The OzAPP Awards is Asia Pacific’s leading competition for tech startups in mobile, web, and cloud attracting the regions most innovative app products. The winning team will also have the opportunity to pitch in front of Extreme Tech Challenge judges at CES Las Vegas in January 2017.
The Awards final judging will take place during the OzAPP Judging at the Western Tech Fest on Thursday, 8th December 2016 at the Perth Town Hall in Western Australia.
2. Competition Rules and Eligibility
- The Competition is open to all persons who are citizens or legal residents of the Asia Pacific region.
- Application must describe a mobile, web or cloud software application.
- As a minimum, applicants must have a clear idea of the user interface and screen shot mock ups of prototype product. A working alpha prototype is strongly encouraged.
- Product can be commercially available, but only eligible pre $2 million dollar funding
- There is no application fee.
- Finalists will be announced in late November 2016.
- The top 5 finalists will be invited to pitch to a panel of judges on thursday 8th December 2016
Contestants must register at www.ozapp.com.au to submit and complete the entry form, and may do so at any time until the close date. Registration is free. Only Applications submitted through www.ozapp.com.au will be accepted.
4. PrizesThe winning startup will be provided with significant resources, with prizes including cash; mentorship and commercialisation advice; accelerator and co-working packages; and opportunities to meet with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists. The judges’ decision on allocation of prizes is at the complete discretion of the panel and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the final selection or any part of the judging process.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Competition constitutes winners’ consent to the OzAPP Awards organisers to use the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without payment or consideration.
The entrant agrees to indemnify all Sponsors, the Organisers, the Competition judges, and/or panelists for all damages, liabilities, claims, costs, charges and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees that sponsors, Organisers and/or Competition judges, or panelists may incur as a result of any claims brought relating to any application, including, without limitation, its contents.
7. Limitations of Liability
The OzAPP Awards organisers are not responsible for:
- Any false, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contestants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition;
- Technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software;
- Unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition;
- Technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or
- Any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Contestant’s participation in the competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- If for any reason an entrant’s Submission is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another provide another Submission.
Applications will be considered commercial in confidence and will not be used for any purpose other than judging the OzAPP Awards. Finalists will be required to present their app concept in a public forum but the application form itself will not be released to the public.